The Ministry of Health and Prevention considered as a federal organization that fully committed to achieve the national agenda of UAE Vision 2021, which aims to position the UAE at the heart of the global knowledge economy by promoting innovation. MOHAP contribute to this achievement by creating world-class health care system and ensure the high quality of services provided by both public and private hospitals across the United Arab Emirates.
Knowledge defined as the result of blending the information with personal experience and perceptions. While knowledge management is defined as the systematic management of knowledge assets at the entity, in order to create added value and meet the strategic needs; it includes all initiatives, processes and systems that contribute to knowledge production, acquisition, classification, storage, dissemination and use / re-use.
Knowledge is classified into two types Explicit Knowledge which includes knowledge that can be identified and expressed in words, numbers, or symbols, and can be stored electronically or in writing, in addition to the ability to publish and refer to it easily. And Tacit Knowledge, knowledge that is existing in the minds of people and is difficult to be transferred from one person to another through writing or verbal expression.
Knowledge Management Mission
Sustainable institution memory with strong infrastructures
Strategic Approach of MOHAP Knowledge Management
The strategic approach of knowledge management in the Ministry of Health and Prevention based on three main themes and specific objectives:
Theme 01- Capitalizing on Human Capabilities: including knowledge, talent, skills, capabilities, expertise, training and development of individuals in the organization
- Develop KM culture across organization and enable workers to invest on knowledge
- Ensure the availability of flexible & variety of learning paths
- Allocate and invest on available human competencies to avoid knowledge loss
Theme 02- Governance of Knowledge
Management:set of laws, regulations and decisions that participate in achieving job quality and excellence by choosing appropriate and effective methods
- Audit and verify the quality of explicit and tacit knowledge that contributes to the development of performance
- Ensure the availability of procedures and policies that support knowledge management and governance
Theme 03- Knowledge Infrastructure
The availability of an electronic system for knowledge management, which contributes to the availability of basic knowledge rights for all employees and support decisions making
- Availability of IT infrastructures for knowledge management
- Ensure the availability of knowledge resources and accessibility to all employees that supports decision making
Knowledge Management Policy Statement
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) seeks to enhance the health of the individual and society in UAE by providing comprehensive & distinguished health care services, ensure community prevention in a sustainable environment according to the policies, legislation, programs, and partnerships locally and internationally. These aligned with the ministry's vision, mission and strategic directions to achieve its goals that related to provide all administrative services according to the standards of quality, efficiency and transparency.
MOHAP is committed to adopt and apply an institutional model for Knowledge Management Policy through applying a set of international standards and specifications such as
- Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015
- Knowledge Management System ISO 30401:2018
- Training Management System ISO 10015:1999
- Innovation Management System ISO 56002:2019
- JCI- Joint Commission International Accreditations and other equivalent international institution such as ISQUA-International Society for Quality
- Government Excellence Model- Generation 04
MOHAP is working to provide high quality of services to meet the required needs and achieve satisfaction on different levels to exceed expectations. The leadership in MOHAP adhere to adopt knowledge management policy, which includes:
- The alignment of policy with MOHAP goals and strategy.
- Provides frameworks and guidelines for defining, reviewing and achieving knowledge management goals.
- Ensures the compliance with regulatory requirements
- Sets the expectations for employees regarding the use of the knowledge management system and building an institutional culture based on it
- Commits to the continuous improvement of the knowledge management system.
- Balancing the importance of sharing knowledge and protecting knowledge from loss
Accordingly, the Ministry of Health and Prevention emphasizes through this policy, its commitment to the effective implementation of the international quality systems and specifications mentioned above, as well as to the continuous development and improvement, in addition to its periodic review to confirm the effectiveness, and maintain a high level of implementation and accreditation.
To view MOHAP Knowledge Management Policy,Click Here
For inquiries and suggestions, please contact