All users visiting the MOHAP site should be able to:
- Transact easily with MOHAP using our online services
- Easily find the information they require
- Find out how they can contact MOHAP and provide feedback
- Customise MOHAP pages to meet their own needs and requirements
- Find how to obtain information or access to services in alternative formats
- Complete all of the above tasks using screen readers and other commonly used forms of assistive technology.
- We strive to maintain good levels of accessibility on our websites through the following techniques:
- Below are some of the features on our portal to benefit people with different abilities:
- Building the site using standards-compliant HTML4 and CSS3
- Ensuring that all content is structured in a logical manner using informative headings and labels
- Providing consistent navigation & search functionality
- Ensuring all of our content managers are fully trained in producing accessible content (for example, providing appropriate alternative texts and descriptive links;, and not having any instructions that rely on visual elements)
- Responsive design to offer a consistent user experience on laptops, tablets, smartphones, desktops
Besides the above, we also offer additional accessibility features, such as:
MOHAP UAE exclusively follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 laid down by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) . This ensures the website structure, readability, navigation, look and feel are accessible for users with disabilities.
People with poor visual ability to read text and view images, can use the Zoom option from their browser to enlarge the page. You can change the page size by clicking on the View menu. Then, click on Zoom and adjust the page size according to your needs.
Anyone having difficulty reading the text on our portal, can increase or decrease the text-size by clicking on the 'A+' or 'A-' icons on the top right corner of the webpage.
Alternately, you can also adjust the text-size setting of your browser in the following way:
Change the text size setting in your browser by clicking on the View menu. Then, click on Text Size and select the size you require.
Change the size of the text in your browser by clicking on the View menu. Then, select Increase or Decrease to change the text size. Alternatively you can press 'Ctrl' and '+' keys on the numeric keypad to increase the text size, or 'Ctrl' and '-' (minus) keys to decrease the text size. Pressing 'Ctrl' and '0' returns you to the default size.
Change the text size in your browser by clicking on the main menu. Then, click on Zoom and adjust the text-size. Alternatively you can press 'Ctrl' and '+' keys on the numeric keypad to increase the text size, or 'Ctrl' and '-' (minus) to decrease the text size. Pressing 'Ctrl' and '0' returns you to the default size.
Change the size of both text and graphics using the '+' and '-' (minus) keys on the numeric keypad. Each press will increase or decrease the size by 10 percent.
To change text size in the safari, click on the View menu. Then click on Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller to change the font size as you like. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts: Increase or decrease the text size with 'Apple' and '+' and 'Apple' and '-' (minus) keys.
Image on the MOHAP portal is tagged with appropriate description. To read image description, you need to position the mouse over the image.
If you find it difficult to read a certain text in the given background color combinations, you can easily change colors in your web browser.
Click on the 'Tools' menu or press 'Alt' + 'T ' keys on the numeric keypad. Then click on 'Internet Options' or press 'O'. Then, click on 'Accessibility' or press 'Alt' + 'E'. When the Accessibility options are displayed, check the 'Ignore colors specified on web page' checkbox with the mouse or by pressing 'Alt' + 'C'. Save your changes by clicking on 'OK' button or by pressing 'Enter'. You will be taken back to the 'Internet Options' window. The website will now be using the same color scheme as on your computer.
If you are using Firefox, you can change text and background colors in the following way. Click on the 'Tools' menu or press 'Alt' + 'T' keys on the numeric keypad. Then click on 'Options' or press 'O' to display the 'Options' window. Click on the 'Fonts and Colors' button or press 'F' to display the 'Fonts and Colors ' window. To set Firefox to use your Windows color scheme, click on the 'Use system colors' checkbox or 'Tab' to the checkbox and press the 'Spacebar' to select it.
We seek the views of disabled users on the quality of our website through feedback, consultation and research with disabled customer groups in the development of new services & content.
If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of the MOHAP website, or if you experience any difficulty, please contact us